This blog is dedicated to the youngsters involved in the 60s music scene. Their love for music, enthusiasm and tension to experiment, created fantastic beats and grooves. 60s garage, psych, beat, freakbeat, pop, psychedelic, and even bubblegum has inspired a lot of musicians and generations.
Let’s make this
http://garage60s.blogspot.com/ a live community full with 60s amazing stories and sounds from all over the world.
The shake begins right now

Saturday 17 November 2007

Compilation: 60's Beat Italiano


Compilation with Italian 60's Groups playing original material and covers full of primitive fuzz guitars and teenage enthousiasm.


Track Listing


  1. I Bisonti - "Crudele" (2:28)
  2. I Chewing Gum - "Senti questa chitarra" (2:49)
  3. Red Roosters - "La Fina Verra" (2:59)
  4. Noi Tre - "Distruggimi" (1:50)
  5. Gli Evangelisti - "Un ragazzo di strada" (2:36)
  6. Gli Evangelisti - "Sensazioni" (3:05)
  7. Le Anime - "It tuo ricordo" (2:49)
  8. Hugu Tugu - "Fino a ieri" (3:00)
  9. Night Birds - "Night Birds" (1:39)
  10. I Cinque Monelli - "Balbettando" (2:52)
  11. I Jaguars - "Non sei sincera" (2:30)
  12. Condors - "Lei Ler La Vida" (2:40)
  13. I Barrittas - "Dusu Amigusu" (1:53)
  14. New Dada - "La quindicesima fruastrata" (3:17)
  15. I Profeti - "Bambina Sola" (2:20)
  16. Ranger Sound - "Ricordami" (2:03)
  17. Ragazzi Dai Capelli Verdi - "Un Tipo Per Ti" (2:24)
  18. I Ragazzi Del Sole - "Atto Di Forza No. 10" (2:30)
  19. La Setta - "Bloodhound" (2:01)
  20. La Setta - "Our Little Rendezvous" (2:35)
  21. I Chewing Gum - "Tu sei al buio" (2:48)
  22. I Fantoms - "Le Insegne Pubblicitarie" (3:47)
  23. Nico - "Che vita e questa qua" (3:36)
  24. Night Birds - "Richard Cory" (3:08)
  25. I Ragazzi Dai Capelli Verdi - "Ragazza Notte" (2:37)
  26. I Barrittas - "Non uccidere" (4:01)

Download from here: http://www.badongo.com/file/2796799



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks a lot for the Italian beat compilation. I just discovered I Bisonti's Crudele on youtube. I think it's a great track and was looking for some more of this genre. Your compilation is just what I needed! And I see you've got some Australian garage as well. Awesome :-) Great work!

Anonymous said...

hey, this was great, thanks! took the liberty of fixing all the tags (i'm german, couldnt resist ;) ).

http://rapidshare.com/files/129188021/ristretto.rar

cheers from NYC,
ksn

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked my comp! I'm the guy who put this together for Get Hip Records, and who originally released an abreviated album version of this back in 1989 on my own Direct Hit Records label. There was a ton of great bands from Italy, and I was lucky enough to be the very first to put out a comp of great 60's Beat Italiano. Keep up the great blog. All the best, Dennis.

Random Jottings said...

Followers of this blog who are fans of Italian Beat may be interested in a new biography about Angel and the Brains.

The new biography “Angel with Drumsticks” just released in PDF and e-Book tells the full and true story of the band.

Formed in 1964 by young musicians from the Appio-Tuscolano district in Rome the band took its lead from The Beatles and other new wave British bands of the time to create a form of music with a strong beat sound that would appeal to Italian teenagers.

Their success in creating their new sound and, following their participation in the first Messa Dei Giovani on 27th April 1966, they have been credited as one of the leading proponents of Italian Beat music, today, often referred to as Garage Beat.